Overview of Services
Our goal is to help students find a college where they will ultimately thrive, not only academically, but socially, culturally and environmentally. The process begins with an initial consultation where we will get to know the students and parents, become familiar with the student’s academic and extracurricular status and understand the student’s aspirations beyond high school. We will also provide students and parents with an overview of the admissions process and the services we can provide.
Students and parents have the option of purchasing our counseling services in a complete package. This package includes every facet of the college admissions process, and is definitely the most economical way to go if you are looking for comprehensive counseling services. Our package includes the following services:
- Strategize with Student and Parent(s) to formulate a college admissions process based upon Student’s academic record, test scores, extracurricular interests and possible career goals
- Completely and thoroughly evaluate Student’s stats, including standardized test scores, academic transcript(s) and available teacher commentary, to determine admissibility
- Administer and evaluate certain assessments and/or surveys, such as College Match, Find my Spark, Myers-Briggs, and YouScience, to identify academic interests and best fit colleges
- Usage of relevant computer-based and print consulting tools, such as Guided Path, Fiske Guide, College Essay Organizer and other surveys and resources, in consulting with Student
- Develop an individualized plan to enhance college admissibility, including discussion of current high school course work and extracurricular activities
- Help identify “reach,” “target,” and “safety” prospective college selections based on admission criteria
- Provide an overview of and advice regarding various application choices such as early decision, early action and regular decision
- Inform Student and Parent(s) of college admission trends and events in the Dallas area
- Recommend materials and resources to Student and Parent(s) to achieve maximum success
- Keep student informed of standardized testing timelines and application deadlines
- Review and advise with respect to summer plans for employment opportunities, college visits, interviews, test prep, athletic camps and/or study programs
- Provide a comprehensive consultation of all written college and/or scholarship application components, including critiques of essays and resumes (Note: All college application and scholarship essays shall be solely the work of Student)
- Facilitate necessary correspondence between Student and admission offices or department heads
- Familiarize Student and Parent(s) with financial aid programs
- Strategize a thorough plan should Student receive a deferral or waitlist status
- Prepare for transition to college by providing information on student housing, initial course selection, registration and Greek life at Student’s selected college
For those looking for more targeted services or only require help with certain areas of the college admissions process, we also offer any of our consulting services on an hourly basis.
Contact us for more information.